Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lindsay Graham will not stop Jim Haynes from being voted out of Committee

From an interview with Hugh Hewitt:

HH: And will you vote to send William Haynes to the floor?

LG: He hasn't yet, but the truth is, I'll have a hard problem voting for Mr. Haynes. And you know, everybody else, I'm good to go, but I'll have a hard problem voting for him.

HH: Why is that?

LG: Because I believe that he was a responsible party at the Department of Defense at a time to come up with legal infrastructure in the War On Terror that really confused our troops. And I just don't want to make sure we put privates and sergeants in jail and fire the colonels. I think there has to be some accountability at the civilian side in the Department of Defense for creating policies that really have hurt the country. He's a good guy. He's an honest man, but I just have a hard time reconciling that, and he hasn't answered all the questions, yet, so I don't know where he's going to be. But I will not stop him from coming out of committee. If I don't vote for him, you can still send it to the floor.

No comments: