Wednesday, November 16, 2005

S.C. Supreme Court holds that there is no statute of limitations in a paternity action

In Smith v. Doe, the supreme court held that there is no statute of limitations applicable to actions seeking to establish paternity. According to the Court: "The statutory authority read in conjunction with this Court's common law makes it clear that the legislature did not intend to impose a statute of limitations on paternity actions because the Legislature did not specifically include one in the statutory scheme."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must be missing something about XOXO
As I mentioned I started working with XBEL as a way to manage my Web feeds. It occurred to me that I should consider XOXO for this purpose, since it hsa more traditionally been put up in opposition to OPML.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to highway construction project on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like highway construction project!